Academic Advisor I (Psychological Sciences)
Position Number: E00893
Salary for Announcement: The salary range for this position is $49,000 - 51,000. The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, education, experience, specialty and training.The above salary ranges represent the Universitys good faith and reasonable estimate of the ranges of possible compensation at the time of posting. MSU Denver offers a full benefits package.
Employee Category: Professional staff
Department: Psychological Sciences
Academic Advisor I's at MSU Denver are primarily responsible for advising a caseload of students on degree requirements and providing long-term degree planning. Academic Advisor I's help students develop educational goals and define a career path, through use of a variety of advising approaches and tools. Academic Advisor Is monitor student progress, making targeted outreach to students to address potential obstacles in retention and graduation. Academic Advisor I's also participate in University wide and unit-specific advising initiatives.
Provide Advising Services to Students (60%)
- Conduct advising sessions with students, assist with course selection, scheduling and registration questions using advising-based technology.
- Utilize knowledge of curriculum to help students with long-term degree planning.
- Prepare and maintain advising documentation in the current student success/customer management system.
- Refer students to appropriate University resources.
- Provide basic information related to career planning, financial literacy, admissions and other applicable information related to student needs.
- Teach students about electronic advising and registration tools and how to best utilize them for success (e.g. Degree Progress Reports, Student Hub, Student Success Collaborative suite, etc.).
- Participates in New Student Orientation sessions and Registration events.
- Participation in recruiting events may be required.
- Utilize advising-based systems to track and engage assigned students who are at-risk of not being retained (Early Alert).
- Deliver appropriate student-centered outreach.
- Participate in retention initiatives.
- Begin or continue building knowledge of advising techniques and approaches.
- Participate in university-wide and unit specific advising professional development opportunities (e.g., advising retreats, NACADA webinars, conferences, etc.).
- Serve on committees, councils, taskforces, etc. where appropriate.
- Bachelors degree
- Demonstrated experience in a professional setting helping others reach their academic, professional, and/or personal goals
- Demonstrated ability to relate effectively to a diverse community (students, faculty, staff, alumni and parents)
- Demonstrated problem-solving, prioritizing, and preparation skills
- Masters degree in either Higher Education, College Personnel, Counseling, or an academic discipline
- Experience using computer-based student information system(s) (e.g. Ellucian Banner, PeopleSoft, CampusVue, etc.)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency desirable
- Experience working with and/or being sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse urban population
Posting Date: 06/10/2022
Closing Instructions: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant:
In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, http://www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information; at least one reference provided must be from a supervisor (either current or former).
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
To apply, visit https://www.msudenverjobs.com/postings/21038
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-3cd97170a159b148847add8d5938f952